Private orthopaedic surgery is often cheaper than living with long term pain
Get moving again with our experienced orthopaedic specialists and doctors, who offer treatment for the full spectrum of musculoskeletal conditions. This includes hip, knee and shoulder arthritis, sports injuries, spinal conditions, hand, shoulder, elbow, wrist and foot disorders, trauma and paediatric orthopaedic conditions.
If you don't have private insurance, you can speak to us about self-fund options. And no matter your treatment, there’s minimal wait times. Speak with your GP or physio about your suitability for world class orthopaedic surgery, close to home, here in Perth.
Download our arthritis and joint replacement factsheets
Find a specialist or doctor
Use our online directory
Why choose Mount Hospital?
At Mount Hospital, our expert team is here to make sure your experience is as comfortable as possible and our friendly staff will be with you from pre-admission through to your post-operative care.
We have a highly skilled group of dedicated orthopaedic surgeons with a broad range of expertise. They’re some of Australia’s most experienced joint replacement surgeons and sports injury doctors.
Expect better when you’re here with us at Mount Hospital.
Our orthopaedic procedures
We use minimally invasive techniques for joint, muscle and tendon repair, using the latest generation of screws, plugs and implants.
The operating theatres are equipped with a HEPA filtration system for infection control, specialised instrumentation and state-of-the-art orthopaedic technology, including an Intraoperative CT scanner, the MAKO Robot, and Brainlab Neurospinal Navigation System.
- Knee arthroscopy
- Total and partial knee replacement surgery
- Revision knee replacement
- Robot-assisted knee replacement
- ACL reconstruction
- Realignment osteotomy
- Tendon and ligament repair
- Sports injuries
- Total hip replacement
- Revision hip replacement
- Robot-assisted hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- Shoulder replacement
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder stabilisation
- Carpal tunnel
- Trigger finger
- Nerve injuries
- Complex hand, wrist and elbow fractures
- Foot and ankle deformity surgery
- Achilles repairs
- Diabetic foot review
- Congenital disorders
- Pain injections
- Post traumatic reconstructive surgery
The private experience
When you choose private, expect better.
As an orthopaedic patient at Mount Hospital, you’ll be cared for by highly specialised nursing and allied health staff trained in orthopaedic patient care.
Your private patient comfort includes:
- Specialist of your choice
- Admission at a time that is convenient
- Accommodation mainly in single rooms with ensuite
- Private dining menu
- Discharge planning support
- PressReader – digital access to 7,000+ magazines, newspapers and other publications.
Post-surgery, your orthopaedic surgeon will assess you and if you require rehab, together you’ll agree on the most suitable program.
Rehab is delivered by the Mount Hospital rehab team.
- Onsite rehab is delivered for inpatients in the ward and gym, depending on your post-operative situation.
- Outpatient rehab is conducted in our gym.